I am up way earlier than usual today because my anxiety would not let me sleep. Why? because I was worried about my semester grades! So I checked my grades and was so excited when I discovered that I had passed all my classes! and with not too shabby grades i might add. Slowly the feeling of tiredness is creeping its way back into my system as I type this.
Well in other news I have noticed a funny thing about humans and the way this society works. Even though we like to think of ourselves as unique individuals, the reality is we aren't. People like to express themselves through clothing and other creative outlets. Which I can understand, I mean seriously I run a blog people and I am in love with creative writing!, after all it is the best way I can express myself. Although there is nothing wrong with wanting to differentiate oneself from others, one has to question; am I really that different? there are many different types of fashion styles out there in the market today, but have you noticed that all the clothing follow a certain trend regarding that style? yes you can be unique with your style, well to an extent. All of those who share your style will most likely also be following that styles trend just like you. The only solution I can find to this little dilemma is one that may not sit well with some. The answer? Thrift stores! Recycled clothing may not be every one's cup of tea, but it is certainly worth a second glance and a definite chance. Clothing is not the only way one tries to be unique there is also creative expression. whether it is: music, painting, writing, photography, etc. One also has to admit that these outlets are a common practice for numerous other people as well. I'm not trying to kill anyone's mood but I do feel like it's time for people to open their eyes. My point is simple: yes everyone is unique within their circle of friends or crowd, but in the large spectrum are you really that different? are your goals and dreams truly that distinct from all the rest? chances are that there are in fact some small details or embellishments that differ your goals from others; but overall we share the same goals.
This was just a thought that occurred to me. I know some people will agree and others may disagree, but we are all entitled to our own opinions. I hope you all are having a fantastic: morning, day, or evening! I am about to go crawl back into my bed and sleep until my hearts content, so until my next post!
No comments:
Post a Comment